It is important to get as much information as you possibly can. When making an insurance claim having more information improves the chances that the insurance company can find the person at fault.
- Time and date
- Contact details including names, addresses and telephone numbers of drivers, passengers and pedestrians involved.
- Vehicle details including make, model, registration number, colour, any modifications and the number of passengers in each vehicle.
- Insurance details for the driver of the other vehicle, including name of insurance and policy number if possible.
- The weather, visibility and lighting conditions, including any street lighting.
- Damage on your vehicle and any others involved.
- Any injuries to all those involved.
- Take some photographs if possible, using your mobile phone